Balloons Over Branson Creek is scheduled for October 19-21, 2012, and the weekend festival will feature hot air balloons, powered parachutes, sky divers, live music, a vendor and craft fair, a dog walk on the trails at Branson Creek, hay rides and more. All activities will be located at Branson Creek, a community located just four miles south of Hwy. 76 Boulevard.
A kickoff party of Friday night at 6pm, which is free to the public, starts the festivities. Vendors, food and tethered balloon rides will be available. Balloon rides are $10 per person.
A full line-up of activities is slated for Saturday. The full schedule for the day:
- 6:00am – Event Opens
- 7:00am – Hot Air Balloon Launch & Competition featuring Branson Celebrities in the Balloons
- 7:00am – CAPE 5K Run at the Branson Airport; Food and Craft Vendors Open
- 9:00am – Powered Parachute Competition
- 10:00am – Shepherd of the Hills Humane Society Dog Walk on the trails at Branson Creek
- 11:00am – 4:00pm On the hour, Every hour – FREE Hay Rides and first come, first serve Guided Historical Tour on the Trails at Branson Creek
- 2:00pm – Pumpkin Carving Contest
- 3:00pm – Pie Eating Contest
- 5:00pm – Sky Divers
- 6:30pm – College of the Ozarks Concert Band set up and perform evening ceremonies
- Dusk – Hot Air Balloon GLOW
The event wraps up Sunday morning with Sunday the final Hot Air Balloon Competition.
Make plans to attend Balloons Over Branson Creek to see the skies of Branson like never before.